Back to search results
Job no: 494924
Work type: Full time
Location: Woodgate, Birmingham
Categories: Engineering, Sales, Project Management
Main Purpose of the role
The owner of the role within the Central Project Engineering Team is accountable for ensuring turnkey Simple and Complex projects are delivered to meet as a minimum:
- As sold key project financials: sales revenue at planned milestones, as sold Gross Margin %
- Contractual On Time Delivery Promise Dates
- Customer Technical & Performance Requirements.
- Quality Assurance in accordance with IEL Integrated Management System
- Customer Satisfaction
In addition, the role is accountable for supporting the Project Engineering Manager(s) in the people management, personal development and succession planning of less senior roles within the EMEA project team.
- Execute projects in adherence with the Company Top Level Project Management Process Map.
- Develop and maintain time-based schedules, with all interdependencies appropriately defined and resources assigned from start to end of the contract.
- Ensure that contractual project milestones are met.
- Ensure that all resources inc. those of third-party work in a cooperative, timely and professional manner.
- Attend sales support, customer, and third-party supplier meetings on and off site.
- Actively manage controllable project costings to ensure that the project meets as a minimum its as sold gross margin %.
- Attend internal (regular) and external project reviews and ensure all schedules, costs and risk mitigation plans are kept up to date.
- Ensure that external project communications are appropriately controlled and archived where necessary.
- Support Quality Audits upon the Project Delivery function.
- Ensure all project deliverable documents and reports are professional presented, timely issued and are appropriately controlled.
- Support regular employee performance review meetings.
- Provide technical solution and risk support for sales proposals and attend both the technical and commercial weekly meetings when requested.
- Maintain good customer, supplier and OEM partnerships.
- Produce engineering specifications for bought-out equipment or work packages.
- Manage procurement and pre-delivery inspections of ‘buy-out’ work packages.
- Manage subcontractors, OEMs and internal suppliers to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety relating to the project.
- Lead relevant design and quality teams to ensure design criteria complies with all applicable technical and statutory regulations. (i.e. Machinery Directive).
- Support the personal development process where appropriate. Manage assigned Senior Project Engineer and Project Engineer resources in their project delivery duties.
What skills are we looking for?
The ideal candidate must have proven experience of project management handling large value products or turnkey systems in the food industry. You’ll have managed to agreed budgets and timelines and have management and leadership of a multi-disciplined team, be a team player by driving results, managing complexities and action oriented.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication and organisational skills, demonstrable ability to deliver performance against objectives, commercial awareness and ability to problem solve.
You must have a driving licence and be willing to travel across EMEA.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results